Goals and vision
- give collaboration a clearer role as a strategic tool for both development and increased use of the institutions’ research and teaching
- increase knowledge about structures and methods for developing and following up on collaborative efforts
- clarify how these efforts can be assessed
In 2016 KLOSS has contributed to
- giving collaboration a clearer role as a strategic tool for both development and making use of the higher education institutions’ research and teaching
- increasing knowledge about structures and methods for developing and following up on collaborative efforts
- clarifying how efforts in collaboration can be assessed and evaluated
Project description before the start of the project
KLOSS has been carried out with the support of Vinnova within the framework of the programme “Universities’ and colleges’ strategic development of collaboration”.
Collaboration for development is both the basis and the goal of the project, Kunskapsutbyte och Lärande Om Strategisk Samverkan, KLOSS, (Knowledge Exchange and Learning About Strategic Collaboration) in which nine higher education institutions are involved.
The aim of KLOSS is to increase collaboration between teaching and research on the one side and society – including the business community – on the other. Work methods, tools and models that strengthen Sweden as a knowledge and business nation should be implemented and developed, while at the same time research and teaching at the institutions should be developed.
By making use of each other’s experience and work together within KLOSS, the institutions should develop a structure for exchange between the institutions and in relation to the world at large. Reviewing how researchers’ and teachers’ outreach work can be further developed is another important issue.