Winter School 2014
Date: January 23-26, 2014
Venue: Romme Alpin, Borlänge, Sweden
Focus: Silicon's bright future
Organizer-in-chief: Doc. Lech Wosinski
Program: version 20140120 (pdf 97 kB)
Program with abstracts (printouts to be distributed): version 20140120 (pdf 1.4 MB)
Registration: CLOSED (by Friday 2013-12-20 at 3:00PM)
- The bus has two pick-up spots. We presume that you will board bus at your conventional working location. In case you for some reason prefer to board at the other location, we appreciate if you drop a message to the organizers.
- It is a good idea to book your ski equipment in advance on line through Boka Express .
Dear ADOPT members!
Every second year ADOPT is organizing a winter school.
Winter School 2014 will take place in Romme ski resort in January 23 - 26. This time the focus is on "Silicon's bright future" and we will have about 15 lecturers, both internal (KTH) and external, discussing Silicon photonics and photonic-electronic convergence on Si platform. As last time, we will stay in the lodge, which also contains a restaurant, bar and a conference room. We have booked 15 rooms each having 4 beds, thus the workshop can accommodate 60 people including speakers. We will handle all registration applications on a first come first serve basis. In case we have too many applications and some groups are overrepresented we will overlook this together with ADOPT “Generals”. The whole stay including ski pass (but not ski rental and drinks) is paid by the ADOPT Linné centre! To avoid “no-turn-ups”, cancelled registrations after registration deadline have to be paid by the concerned persons (except those with justifiable reasons).
Confirmed speakers, and presentation slides
- Thomas F. Krauss, Department of Physics, University of York, UK (email@example.com, slides (pdf 4.1 MB) )
- Ziyang Zhang, Fraunhofer Institute for Telecommunications, Heinrich Hertz Institute, Germany (firstname.lastname@example.org, slides (pdf 10.3 MB) )
- Jan Linnros, Material Physics, KTH-Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden (email@example.com, slides (pdf 4.4 MB) )
- Sebastian Lourdudoss, Semiconductor Materials, KTH-Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden (firstname.lastname@example.org, slides (pdf 3.7 MB) )
- Gideon Yoffe, Kaiam Corporation, Newark, CA, USA (email@example.com, slides (pdf 4.5 MB) )
- Lech Wosinski, Photonics and Microwave Engineering, KTH-Royal Insitute of Technology, Sweden (firstname.lastname@example.org, slides (pdf 6.2 MB) )
- Kristinn B. Gylfason, Micro and Nanosystem, KTH-Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden (email@example.com, slides (pdf 6.3 MB) )
- Lars Thylén, Photonics and Microwave Engineering, KTH-Royal Insitute of Technology, Sweden (firstname.lastname@example.org, slides (pdf 4.4 MB) )
- Robert Palmer [Christian Koos], Institute of Photonics and Quantum Electronics and Institute of Microstructure Technology, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany (email@example.com, slides (pdf 7.4 MB) )
- Vivien Laurent, Silicon Photonics Group, University of Paris Sud, France (firstname.lastname@example.org, slides (pdf 2.3 MB) )
- Bart Kuyken, INTEC Photonics Research Group, Ghent University, Belgium (Bart.email@example.com, slides (pdf 4.3 MB) )
- Henry Radamsson, Integrated Components and Circuits, KTH-Royal Insitute of Technology, Sweden (firstname.lastname@example.org, slides (pdf 4.4 MB) )
- Lorenzo Pavesi, University of Trento, Italy (email@example.com, slides (pdf 6.5 MB) )
- Min Qiu, Optics and Photonics, KTH-Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden (firstname.lastname@example.org, slides (pdf 4.0 MB) )
- Bus from Stockholm to Romme Alpin: leaving AlbaNova (Roslagstullsbacken 35) at 2014-01-23 2:30PM, via Electrum Kista (Isafjordsgatan 22) at 3:00PM
- Bus from Romme Alpin to Stockholm: leaving 2014-01-26 5:00PM (arriving ~7:30PM), first to Kista, then to AlbaNova
PhD course (IO3000)
A PhD student is eligible for obtaining 2 third-cycle course credits for participating the winter school. The corresponding course code is IO3000. Evaluation criteria: the participant has to follow all the lectures given during the winter school, as well as to correctly answer at least 60% of questions formulated based on the lectures. Examiner: Prof. Sebastian Lourdudoss.
Course questions: Questions_20140220.pdf (pdf 184 kB)
Summary of the Winter School is found here: Report_ADOPT Winter School 2014.pdf (pdf 59 kB) .