Prize for the best final degree project on basic level
KTH Space Center’s prize for final degree project on basic level is awarded annually to the student or students who are registered to programmes at KTH and who under the previous academic year have performed a final degree project of high quality in a subject within the areas of interest to KTH Space Center. The amount of prize money is 10 000 SEK. If the final degree project has been performed by several students, then the prize money is divided equal between the students.
The final degree projects are judged on their engineering skills and scientific level, but also on how they are presented. Students shall nominate their own final degree projects to compete for the prize and a prize jury1 will award the winning final degree project. KTH Space Center reserves the right to not award the prize.
The basic criterion is that the subject of the completed final degree project must be within an area of interest of KTH Space Center. Final degree projects which fulfil the basic criterion are judged by the following criteria:
Engineering skills and scientific level
• Correct level
• Well documented and well selected background material
• Thoughtful methodology
• Stringent treatment
• Theory and experiments complement each other
• Integration of knowledge from different parts of the education
• Creativity and independence
• Analysis of results and forward-looking discussion
• Progress on the subject
Presentation of the final degree project
• Pedagogical disposition of the subject and of presented material
• Correct amount and choice of figures, tables and appendices
• General language processing and balanced terminology
Students shall nominate their own final degree projects to compete for the prize according to the following instructions:
1. The applicant clearly motivates how the final degree project fulfils the basic criterions, i.e. that the topic is within an area of interest to KTH Space Center.
2. The applicant must also clearly state how the final degree project fulfils each of the learning objectives according to the course plan.
3. The final degree project shall be send in electronic form together with the documents from steps 1 and 2 above to email@example.com no later than 20 February 2021 at 23:59.
The winners will be notified by the jury during the Autumn term and will have the option to present their final project work at KTH Space Center’s event Space Rendezvous in the Spring.
1The members of the jury are decided after a bias assessment.