Millions in funding for KTH mathematicians
Department of Mathematics has been awarded several grants KAW 2016
Congratulations to all recipients!
Sweden is to become the best in mathematics
For Sweden to regain a leading international position in the mathematics area Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation (KAW) together with
the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences provides support to a total of 84 prominent scientists in mathematics from 2014 to 2022.
The goal is for Sweden to regain a leading international position by providing the best young scientists of international experience and recruit both young and more experienced mathematicians to Sweden.
KTH Mathematics receives following grant in 2016
* Professor Kurt Johansson is awarded research grants by renewed Wallenberg Scholars for another 5 years
Four established scientists from abroad becomes visiting professors at KTH
* Professor Alfonso Montes-Rodriguez, Universidad de Sevilla
* Professor Jean-Christophe Yoccoz, the Collège de France
* Professor Alicia Dickstein, University of Buenos Aires
* Professor Arno Kuijlaars, KU Leuven
Two established researchers receive funding for a postdoctoral service in Sweden for researchers from abroad:
* Tilman Bauer
* Maurice Duits
Two postdoctoral researchers gets employment at universities abroad and support for two years after returning to Sweden:
* Afshin Goodarzi, KTH (Freie Universität Berlin)
* Andreas Memory, KTH (Scuola Normale Superiore in Pisa, Italy)