Skip to main content

Course certificates and transcript of records

On this web page you will find information on how to order a course certificate or study certificate.

Course certificate

According to the Higher Education Ordinance (1993: 100), Chapter 6, Section 20, "a student who has passed a course shall, upon request, receive a course certificate from the higher education institution."

Course certificate is proof that the student has completed a course with a passed result. Course certificates are primarily aimed at students who study courses such as an independent course, contract education course or continuing professional education course.

If you are a program student and need a certificate for a certain course, you can instead print out the certificate you need, such as a "Transcript of records", see Certificate .

How do I order a course certificate?

You order a course certificate for a course with a passed result by sending an email to . Enter your name and which course code it applies to, as well as which semester you followed the course.

Can I get a course certificate with several courses?

The course certificate is for one course, if you have read several courses, you can order one course certificate per course. You can order them in the same message.

What courses can I include in the course certificate?

Only courses that you followed and completed at KTH can be included in the course certificate.

How is the course certificate sent?

The course certificate is digital and sent to the e-mail address stated in Ladok. Check which email you have entered under "My tasks". If you do not have access to login information and you have a Swedish social security number, you can create an eduID  for logging in to "Ladok for students". See more info in Questions and answers about Ladok .

Can I get a new course certificate?

We do not issue the course certificate several times, but if you have previously received a course certificate (from November 2021) and need the file again, you send an email to  and order the file again.


Via the Ladok student interface, you can, among other things, see results on your courses, register for courses, register for exams, print out a transcript of records and apply for degree certificates. The information is retrieved from Ladok, our study documentation system. In the personal menu and "Services" and "Ladok for students" there are links to the system.

Ladok for students

The certificates you can download and print (in Swedish or in English) are:

  • Certificate of anticipated participation
  • National transcript of records (comprehensive certificate of your university studies in Sweden)
  • Certificate of registration
  • Transcript of records

More information about certificates in Ladok