eduroam CAT configuration
Use eduroam Configuration Assistant Tool (CAT) for configuration or reconfiguration of eduroam.
About Configuration Assistant Tool (CAT)
The tool installs the CA Root certificate and configures the wireless settings for eduroam. After configuration you will be asked for your KTH username (which must include "@kth.se", i.e firstname.lastname@example.org) and network secret.
The tool is available for Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS devices (e.g. iPhone, iPad) and Android (4.3 and above)
Make sure to have your Network Secret available. This will be used during the installation.
If you want to configure Eduroam in a mobile unit you first have to download and install the app. It is called eduroam CAT and the manufacturer is GÉANT Association.
If you already have an Eduroam profile this have to be removed before proceeding. Use the function Forget network in the wifi settings on your mobile unit..
Instructions for mobile unit
- Install the app as decribed above.
- Visit the CAT website: https://cat.eduroam.org .
- Choose the right country and university and follow the instructions inthe app.
Additionally if you have macOS the safest choice is to remove old eduroam certificate profiles prior to running the CAT configuration tool.
Instructions for computer
- Go to the CAT site https://cat.eduroam.org .
- On the page, press on dowload your eduroam installer.
- Choose KTH Royal Institute of Technology.
- The right installer shows up, click on it and follow the instructions. For more information, click on the blue i-button.