Temporary Remote Access to computer labs during Covid-19
There is now a solution that makes it possible to connect to a Windows computer in a computer room at KTH. It is also possible to connect to Shell servers (Unix / Ubuntu) that run common programs found in Ubuntu computer rooms.
Education in the computer rooms from autumn semester 2020
A mix of digital and on-site education will be introduced for the computer rooms from autumn semester 2020. Please click on the link to see how it will be arranged, Education in the computer rooms from autumn semester 2020
Temporary Remote Access to Windows Computer Labs
Via a web interface it is possible to see which computer labs that are available and then connect to a computer in the lab. There is a list over the computer lab rooms that have the possibility for remote access, and from there it is possible to access one of the physical computers in that room.
The access is one-to-one, i.e. each physical computer can only have one remote user. Supported OS: Windows 10, Mac OS X.
Instructions to connect to a Windows computer in the lab at KTH:
Limitations in the first version (for Windows)
- All common computer rooms are included.
- Other specific computers at a school can be added manually (for example this is the case for M221-M226). Valid just for Windows. Please contact the IT-support .
- There is no integration to the booking system, which means that the computers cannot be reserved in advance.
- The computers that have remote access may not be used locally, and therefore the corresponding rooms must be physically closed during this time.
- The computers are available 24/7
- Teachers and groups of students who wish to work together are advised to set up communication through Zoom.
Temporary Remote Access to shell servers (Unix / Ubuntu)
For instructions, click on the link:
Please use the regular channels for IT support in case of any problems or questions.