Skip to main content

Appealing against the university’s decision

Appealing is a way of exercising one's right vis-à-vis authorities. However, certain basic conditions apply to an appeal.

Decisions on eligibility, credit transfer, rejection of a request for a diploma, rejection of exemption from a compulsory educational module, rejection of an application for deferral or study leave are examined by the Higher Education Appeals Board. The Board's decision cannot be appealed.

Decisions on suspension of students - for example due to cheating - made by the disciplinary committee, are appealed to the administrative court in Stockholm. The letter is written to the administrative court but is sent to the authority that has notified the decision, ie KTH. The letter must have been received within three weeks after the complainant received the decision.

Read more on the Swedish Higher Education authority's website which decision that can be appealed

Read more about the Higher Education Appeals Board