There are special regulations at KTH concerning written exams (salsskrivningar). As a student you are required to know and comply with the regulations applicable to the examination at KTH.
Registration for written exam is mandatory!
You have to register in advance for all written exams and for minor tests, for example partial exams held during an exam period.
You can register via the personal menu located at the top of the KTH website, under Services (Manage my studies) select Exam registration. Under Current education you select Results for the course (current or uncompleted) and there you can register for the exam. If you do not have the opportunity to write an exam you have signed up for, remember to cancel the registration.
Regulations for written exams
The regulations apply to all students at KTH. Please, read carefully what you ought to know and follow!
Instruction regarding examination rules at KTH is available in this link:
Instruction regarding examination rules at KTH . You will find "Student Responsibility" on page 11-14
Some important points for you as a student:
Here is a brief summary:
- Registration periods for each exam period are common throughout KTH and are decided for each new academic year. Find the link to information about registration periods further down the page.
- Valid photo ID is required, without exception.The following forms of identification are acceptable:
- Valid passport; provisional passports are not accepted
- Swedish national identity card
- Swedish driver's license
- Swedish sis-marked identity card or identity card issued by a Swedish governmental agency, for example the Swedish Tax Agency
- Citizens of an EU /EEA country without a Swedish person number can use a valid national identity card as acceptable identification.
- Entrance to the examination hall is organized with two inpasses as follow
Inpass 1 occurs at the latest, 10 minutes before the start of the examination, then the door closes to the examination hall.
Inpass 2 occurs after 30 minutes. Before inpass 2 students with exam registration but have been late will get the same information as other students in the examination hall.
- Teachers on duty should be available by telephone throughout the writing period in order to resolve any uncertainties surrounding the writing if necessary. Teachers on duty should visit the writing rooms if no special reason is preventing and the invigilator should be informed if visits are not received.
- The invigilator’s watch is the applied one.
- Exam question papers or your own notes on paper may not be taken from the examination hall when leaving.
- Students who have not registered for the exam in time, may write the exam if there is a free seat in the examination hall. The student has to submit a valid course registration transcript. NOTE! Digital transcripts does not apply in this case. A course registration transcript can be obtained as follows:
- Print the course registration transcript by using this link: Create registration transcripts
- Obtain a signed course registration transcript from the education office where the course is given.