There are special regulations at KTH concerning written exams (salsskrivningar). As a student you are required to know and comply with the regulations applicable to the examination at KTH.
Registration for written exam is mandatory!
You have to register in advance for all written exams and for minor tests, for example partial exams held during an exam period.
You can register via the personal menu located at the top of the KTH website, under Services (Manage my studies) select Exam registration. Under Current education you select Results for the course (Current or Uncompleted) and there you can register for the exam. If you do not have the opportunity to write an exam you have signed up for, remember to cancel the registration.
Regulations for written exams
The regulations apply to all students at KTH. Please, read carefully what you ought to know and follow!
Here is a brief summary:
- Registration periods for each exam period are common throughout KTH and are decided for each new academic year. Find the link to information about registration periods further down the page.
- Photo ID is mandatory, without exception!
- Entrance to the examination hall is organized with two inpasses as follows:
- Inpass 1 occurs approximately 10 minutes before the start of the examination.
- Inpass 2 occurs after 30 minutes. Before inpass 2 students with exam registration but have been late will get the same information as other students in the examination hall.
- Teachers on duty are not required to visit all examination halls. They should be available by telephone throughout the writing period. This is in order to resolve any uncertainties regarding the exams if necessary.
- Exam question papers or your own notes on paper may not be taken from the examination hall when leaving.
- Students who have not registered for the exam may write the exam if there is a free seat in the examination hall. The student also has to submit a valid course registration transcript.NOTE! Digital transcripts does not apply in this case! A course registration transcript can be obtained as follows:
- create and print the transcript via the personal menu and the web service "Transcripts"
- obtain a signed course registration transcript from the education office where the course is given.
Registration periods for exams