Skip to main content


All students at KTH are insured through a personal injury insurance on the school premises and during travel to and from these. However, it is crucial you make sure you have additional medical insurance coverage in case of an emergency or if you fall ill during an off-campus activity.

Woman at computer
Image: Pexels

Recommended insurance coverage

We recommend that all international students have a complete insurance cover in order to avoid extreme costs that in case of an unexpected incident or illness. A complete insurance should include:

  • personal injury (outside school hours)
  • medical care cover
  • dental care cover
  • liability cover (in the event that you are subject to a claim for damages)
  • legal expenses cover (if you need to make a claim for damages)
  • home transport (in case of serious injury)
  • private property cover (luggage, mobile phone, laptop, etc.)

Entitled to additional insurance through KTH?

In addition to the personal injury insurance that applies to all students, KTH provides additional insurance to certain student groups. To find out if you are entitled to additional insurance through KTH click on your category in the list below. If you find that some components are missing in your insurance in order to be fully covered, we advice you to purchase them privately before arrival.