Advertisement of grants from the ISSLS2000 foundation for 2022 (registration no. VT-2022-0027)
Here you will find information regarding the scholarship announcement.
The application for scholarships is open until further notice. Last day to apply is November 30, 2022. A limited number of scholarships are granted during the year and decisions are made on an ongoing basis.
Read the instructions carefully before filling in the application. Please note that only complete applications will be processed. As an applicant, you are responsible for ensuring that your application is complete before submitting. It is not possible to change a submitted application. The application is personal and the scholarship approved cannot be transferred.
The ISSLS2000 foundation was on a donation from the conference ISSLS22000 (International Symposium on Service and Local access) that was held in Stockholm in 2000. The organizers and financiers of the conference were Ericsson, Telia and 3Com, Nortel Networks Sweden, Tellabs AB and Xerox AB.
The purpose of the foundation is to facilitate scientific research and education within the telecommunication area, specifically those areas that are or will be of importance for the development of various types of access networks. Relevant for this grant is also education within adjacent fields that are of importance for the continuing developments of communication-based services.
Scholarships are awarded to applicants who have extinguished themselves by writing an insightful degree project of high level, which results can be expected to contribute to the development of different types of access networks och the development of communication-based services.
(Conditions that must be met when applying for a scholarship.)
Eligible applicants for scholarships from the ISSLS2000 foundation must have their degree projects approved at KTH no later than 12 months prior to the application date. Degree projects on master’s level are prioritized.
The following conditions applies
- The application is personal.
- If there are more than one author on the degree project, all authors must send in an application in order to be receive the scholarship. The authors of one degree project can then share the amount of one scholarship.
- It is mandatory to include a motivation letter in the application.
- All applicants will receive written notification to the email address provided in the application.
- Decisions regarding the applications will be made on an on-going basis. The last date to apply for the scholarship is November 30, 2022.
Applications must be registered at latest by September 2, 2021. The applicants will be notified of the result by e-mail.
GPA is to be stated in the application. To the GPA calculation for ISSLS2000 .
The foundation grants scholarships of SEK 75 000.
- A link to the degree project uploaded in DIVA, or attach the degree project if it is not uploaded on DIVA.
A motivation letter.
The chairperson of KTH’s scholarship council makes decisions in the matter.
The application is made electronically via application form for ISSLS2000 .
Further information through firstname.lastname@example.org . Please state the current foundation and registration number (diarienummer) for all correspondence.