There are special regulations at KTH concerning written exams (salsskrivningar). As a student you are required to know and comply with the regulations applicable to the examination at KTH.
Regulations for all exams
Registration for exam is mandatory. You have to register in advance for all written exams and for minor tests, for example partial exams held during an exam period.
You register via the personal menu located at the top of the KTH website, under "Services" you can log in to Ladok for students . On the home page you will find a link to the examinations you can register for. You will also find examinations you can register for in the menu under the headline Examinations . Sign up for your examinations. You will get a confirmation and the examination will show under "Signed up".
The regulations apply to all students at KTH. Please, read carefully what you ought to know and follow.
Instruction regarding examination rules at KTH is available in this link:
Instruction regarding examination rules at KTH . You will find "Student Responsibility" on page 11-14.
- Registration for exam during eixam period is mandatory.
- Registration periods for each exam period are common throughout KTH and are decided for each new academic year.
Regulations for written exams
- It is the duty of the school to inform preregistered students of their assigned seats in the exam room no later than the day before the exam date.
- Valid photo ID is required, without exception.The following forms of identification are acceptable:
- Valid passport; provisional passports are not accepted
- Swedish national identity card
- Swedish driver's license
- Swedish sis-marked identity card or identity card issued by a Swedish governmental agency, for example the Swedish Tax Agency
- Citizens of an EU /EEA country without a Swedish person number can use a valid national identity card as acceptable identification.
- Entrance to the examination hall is organized with two inpasses as follow
Inpass 1 occurs at the latest, 10 minutes before the start of the examination, then the door closes to the examination hall.
Inpass 2 occurs after 30 minutes. Before inpass 2 students with exam registration but have been late will get the same information as other students in the examination hall.
- Teachers on duty should be available by telephone throughout the writing period in order to resolve any uncertainties surrounding the writing if necessary. Teachers on duty should visit the writing rooms if no special reason is preventing and the invigilator should be informed if visits are not received.
- The invigilator’s watch is the applied one.
- Exam question papers or your own notes on paper may not be taken from the examination hall when leaving.
- Students who have not registered for the exam in time, may write the exam if there is a free seat in the examination hall. The student has to submit a valid course registration transcript in printed form to the invigilator. Note that digital transcripts does not apply in this case. A course registration transcript can be obtained in one of the following ways:
- Print the course registration transcript by using this link: Create registration transcripts
- Obtain a signed course registration transcript from the education office where the course is given.