Due to COVID-19, the President has decided that most examinations during the pandemic restrictions will be conducted remotely. The decision applies to preparatory, first and second-cycle education.
Regulations for remote examination
As a result of the President’s decision the First and Second-cycle Education Committee has presented some recommendations. It is always the examiner that decides the examination format and is the one who should inform the students of this.
On campus proctored examinations should be replaced with alternatives
Examination will continue to take place primarily with forms of examination other than written monitored campus examination (examination or partial exams). Based on proven experience and to increase the diversity of examination forms, the First and Second Cycle Education Committee recommends that oral examination or digital unproctored examinations be used to a greater extent. Furthermore, continuous examination is encouraged.
Rules for examinations
- The examinees must receive written information from the examiner describing the exam prior to the examination.
- It is recommended that course coordinators/examiners arrange a practice session one week prior to the examination and together with the students go through the examination form.
- The examinees should be able to ask questions for clarification to the teacher during the examination.
- For re-examination in order to raise grades (”plussning” in Swedish), contact the course examiner.
- Registration for written exam is mandatory.
Update Zoom before next examination
Make sure you have the latest version of Zoom before your exam, to ensure that you have the features that the exam requires.
How do I sign in to Zoom?
Log in to the Zoom Room with yout KTH-acount via kth-se.zoom.us on your computer or in the Zoom-app, use the same name shown at your ID document (driver’s license, passport etc.) Instructions on how to sign in to Zoom with your KTH Id
Contact and FAQ
- KTH has gathered frequently asked questions and answers regarding remote examination. Please visit FAQ for students to see if your questions are answered.
- If you have queries regarding registration for the examination or general questions regarding the examination contact the exam administration at your school.
- If you have technical issues with Canvas, Zoom, or Möbius, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If you have compensatory support from Funka, please contact email@example.com . On this page you can also read
- If you are in need of secrecy please contact the exam administration at your school or the course examiner.