Update 2020-02-08: Hiring in process/Finished, currently not possible to apply for this position.
RPL Research Engineer Fellowships
The Division of Robotics, Perception and Learning (RPL) at KTH is looking for students interested in getting hands-on research experience in several areas applicable to Robotics, Control, Computer Vision and Machine Learning.
The position is not targeted at a specific area or project; instead, we are looking for candidates who show significant potential to contribute to one or more of RPL’s research groups.
Applications will be assessed on a regular basis and the fellowship program will be adjusted to each candidate’s interests and time of the year (e.g. 3 months full-time positions during summer or longer part-time positions during the academic year).
What we offer
- In addition to a faculty advisor, each Fellow will be matched with a technically relevant researcher (e.g. PhD student or postdoc) who will serve as the student’s research collaborator and mentor.
- An international workplace.
- A leading technical university that creates knowledge and expertise for a sustainable future.
- The possibility to interact with a diverse team of researchers with high ambitions in an open, curious and dynamic environment.
- Participation in some of the group activities of the division.
The candidate should be enrolled in a bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, robotics, computer vision, machine learning or similar.
Experience with projects (e.g. at course level) related to Robotics, Control, Computer Vision, Machine Learning or similar.
Excellent software development and integration skills, preferably in Python and C++/C#.
Solid mathematical background.
Familiarity with computer vision, motion capture, robot-specific algorithms and methodologies, logics, formal methods, or machine learning algorithms and tools.
Excellent writing and communication skills.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competence and suitability.
The application must include:
• CV including relevant project experience and knowledge.
• Copy of diplomas and grades from university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
• Brief account (maximum one page) of which RPL research area you would be interested in, and how this fellowship can contribute to your future academic career.