Energy Systems for buildings and cities: challenges and opportunities
Tid: To 2018-06-21 kl 10.15
Föreläsare: Hatef Madani
Plats: Sal M311 (Brinellsalen), Brinellvägen 68,
” We are facing a paradigm shift in energy systems for buildings and cities characterized by
- a growing penetration of intermittent and decentralized renewable electricity
- emergence of millions of households acting as local producers and consumers (prosumers) of the energy,
- non-linear dynamic interaction of several systems which are designed, dimensioned, and controlled at the local level, without a central coordination
- fast growing flood of poor quality data from every system in the building, again collected at the local level without any management/coordination.
- Increased electrification in all the energy sectors, from transport to building heating and cooling which challenge the traditional management of electric power systems.
- introduction of many Building Management Systems (BMS) designed and imposed by different stakeholders with conflicting objectives
In this lecture, we give a few examples of the challenges and opportunities when we are dealing with this paradigm shift and the ever-growing complexity associated to that.