Call for support for visits to the University of Tokyo as guest researcher or guest lecturer
KTH together with The Karolinska Institute and Stockholm University is developing cooperation with the University of Tokyo. The partnership focus on research collaboration, exchange of students and faculty, and faculty development.
The main goal with this call is to expand contacts between staff members in order to increase collaboration into new areas as well as to further strengthen existing collaborations. At KTH we now open this fifth Call for supporting visits as guest researcher or guest lecturer at the University of Tokyo. The Call refers to mobility during academic year 2022 and spring semester 2023. The grantees will receive a support of 40 000 SEK per month for visits lasting between one and three months. Up to 500 000 SEK has been granted for this purpose.
Deadline is on 15 December, 2021, at 12.00 am.
Register your application on-line:
Applications should include
- Description of the intended activities, including information about the intended host at the University of Tokyo, and of any previous cooperation with the people involved (maximum two pages). A letter of invitation from the suggested host is seen as a plus for the application (by e-mail).
- Support letter from the department head at KTH or equivalent (needs to be sent by e-mail).
- CV with list of publications.
The applications will be evaluated by an internal group with Prof. Per Lundqvist as chairman. The decision for the nominations will be made at the latest on 20 December 2021.
The following aspects will in particular be taken into account
- Applications from KTH faculty. Young researchers are given priority.
- Ambition and potential to build up new research and/or education collaborations.
- Strengthening of already ongoing collaborations.
- Scientific level at KTH and at the University of Tokyo.
For questions contact Torkel Werge who coordinates the partnership with University of Tokyo in KTH International Relations Office.