Call for abstracts - oral presentations and posters
We want to provide opportunity for conference participants to share their work at the ISCN 2018 conference and/or open a dialogue/lead a session on a topic that is relevant at your university. This year we will “crowdsource” content to be presented at the conference – we want to hear from you on what is most pressing for you right now
The 2018 International Sustainable Campus Conference at KTH Royal Institute of Technology, June 11-13th in Stockholm.
THEME: Sustainable Development: Acting with Purpose
This call for abstracts is for proposals including oral or poster presentations.
- An abstract review committee will review topics / abstracts and the program committee will notify submitters/authors of their conference participation opportunity.
- Abstracts should be submitted by the abstract submittal system below.
- Abstract should be maximum 200 words and follow the format indicated in the system.
Abstracts are due by 15 December 2017. NB! NEW DEADLINE 15 JAN
Notification of acceptance will be given by 15 February 2018. ISCN 2018 conference registration will remain open to end of April 2018 so you can plan accordingly.
The topic can relate to any aspect of sustainability and higher education institutions. The list below is a non-exclusive list of possible topics (we welcome your ideas!):
- Promoting education for sustainable development
- Promoting research for sustainable development
- The role of academia in advancing the Sustainable Development Goals
- Collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Student engagement
- Strategic partnerships for societal impact
- Sustainable meeting solutions: Including examples of how Higher Education Institutes reduce their own impacts using mediated reality and technology for travel-free meetings
- Gender, Diversity and Representation: Higher Education Institutes and Sustainable Development
- The role of investment in supporting Sustainable Development
- Campus operations, Campus Facilities and Campus development
- Campus as Living Lab – education, research and collaboration in campus projects
- Projects on campus (e.g., building, apps, student engagement, etc.)
- Challenge driven education for global sustainable development
- Incentives for integrating Sustainable Development in Higher Education Institutes- including major university excellence ranking and rating organizations.
In addition to abstract and content submission for presentation at ISCN 2018, there are three other opportunities to share your work.
- ISCN Members are invited to submit a case study for the ISCN-GULF report to be shared at the World Economic Forum in January 2018. Please visit the ISCN Members Only website to submit your case study.
- Submit an ISCN Sustainable Campus Excellence Award application for jury review. Call for award nominations is in January 2018. Note: Award finalists will be invited to present their work at ISCN 2018.
- There are plans for a special issue in a journal. More information will be announced soon.
- ISCN award nominations and journal papers will be open for submission at a later date. However, participants may submit the same subject as an abstract proposal for the conference and as applicable for the ISCN-GULF report, an ISCN award, and journal paper.
- ISCN 2018 conference registration fees will not be waived for those who have accepted abstracts.
All accepted abstracts for presentation will be published in a Book of Abstracts for ISCN 2018 and available on the ISCN website.