Student Volunteers, ISCN 2018
KTH is hosting the 12th annual ISCN conferences (International Sustainable Campus Network) which will focus on the role of Higher Education Institutions for sustainable development. KTH is looking for student volunteers to be part of ISCN conference 11-13 June. As a student volunteer you will assist chairs, speakers, and attendees. You will play a key role in making the conference a success.
Duties as a student volunteer include for example:
- Technical support - Technical support voluteers will recieve training in VR technology and will assist speakers (computers, microphones, directions…), coordinate with IT-technicians (in case of something goes wrong with the computers…)
- Student hosts and guides
- Set up the conference infrastructure (coffee, tea areas, computers, projectors…), run the registration desk (attendees’ packs, badges…)
- Helping conference attendees (where to find the room, toilets…)
- Providing support to activities (demos, workshops…)
- show participants around our award winning KTH campus.
In return, you will get:
- Free conference registration with free access to the conference’s day sessions (worth 3300 SEK)
- All coffee breaks and lunches are provided
- A chance to meet and network with established members of an international network devouted to sustainability and student sustainability peers!
- A certificate of participation signed by KTH Sustainability Office
- And a really cool KTH t-shirt!
As a Student Volunteer, you agree to:
- Attend orientations meeting/s which will be organized during May / June 2018.
- Attend other, more informal meetings, which will be conducted during the conference
- Work a minimum of 8hrs during the conference
To apply, you must be an undergraduate, Masters, or Ph.D. student at KTH during the time of the conference. No previous experience is required. Students from various disciplines and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. You must speak English and other languages are a bonus.
To apply for participation as a Student Volunteer, please send your application in English (a CV and short motivation as to why you want to be a student volunteer) to Erica-Dawn Egan . Deadline: 2 March.
You can read more about the conference here: