Administration of your Master Degree Project
The execution of the Master's degree project is also a course at KTH. You must be registered for the proper course prior to beginning any work on your project.
Preparing for your Masters' degree project
Follow this step-by-step guide to get all the paper work in order.
1. You have to apply before you start your Masters' degree project
- Print the two forms you need:
- Fill in "part 1" of the "Application for degree project" form and turn it in to your master coordinator for credit requirement check and signature.
From the course administrator you will receive by e-mail a scanned version of the application, approved to show your eligibility for this course, or else unapproved to notify you that you have not completed requirements.
2. Take your application to your prospective examiner
- Examiner will fill in part 2 of the "Application for degree project".
Mandatory: Course code, examiners signature
- Write your preliminary title on the application. There is no box or line, so do this free hand.
3. Hand in completed forms to the course administrator
- "Application for degree project part 2" – Send a copy as a response to the first e-mail that you received from the administrator, or hand it in to one of the EECS-servicecenters.
- Keep the form "Certificate of Participation" while you complete the written requirements and collect the signatures.
You can start working on your project when you are registered to the course, which you can check on the web.
When the Master's degree project is finished
5. Translate your abstract to Swedish.
- Ask your supervisor for help if you need to
6. Create the front and back covers for the report
- Use the following .
- Note that the subject is in the name of the degree project course for which you are registered.
TRITA-number is added by a course administrator, you or your examiner no longer need to ask for one, create the covers without any numbers. ISSN or ISRN are no longer needed.
8. Turn in the finished master thesis PDF and "Certificate of participation" to your examiner.
- Your examiner sends the grade and all required documents to the course administrator for preparation.
Contact and support