Do you want to drive real change? – Career Opportunities with Scania
Welcome to mingle with Scania employees from 11.30.
Free lunch sandwich for early birds.
Tid: On 2023-09-27 kl 11.30 - 13.00
Plats: KTH entré, second floor
Scania is a world-leading provider of transport solutions committed to a better tomorrow. During our session we will let you know more about us as an employer, our work and how you as future engineers are a crucial part of driving real change, by making Sustainable Transport solutions possible.
You will hear about our different ways to join us and you will get the chance to interact and ask question directly to our employees at site.
• 11.30 – Open mingle with employees and KTH alumni working at Scania. Ask your questions!
• 12.15 – Presentation by our employees – “Working as an Engineer at Scania.”
• 13.00 – Summarize and Thank you from us
(If you cannot take part of the mingle that starts 11.30,
feel free to join the presentation at 12.15 - 13.00.)
Meet us from Scania:
Vivek Venkatesh Shenoy comes from Mumbai, India. He studied for his master's programme in Vehicle Engineering at KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden (2019-2021). He started his career at Scania as a Development Engineer within R&D for Engine Front-end and transmission systems, and today he works as an Industrial Ph.D. student in the simulation and optimization of electrified heavy vehicles. He also has experience from being part of the Scania student intro (SSI) programme and KTH Formula Student. While at SSI, he pursued his master's thesis with the powertrain pre-development and controls system group.
Sindhuja Balaji is also a former student at KTH, graduated 2019 with Master’s in Electric Power Engineering. Now she has the role of a Development Engineer working with Electric Machine Design and Optimization at Scania R&D. During her studies she was also a part of KTH Formula Student.
We will talk about:
• A normal day at work. How does it look like for an engineer at Scania?
• Example of projects our employees are working with.
• Experiences from starting to work after studies at KTH.
• Career opportunities for you as a student at KTH.
• And much more!
Sofie Palm and Tobias Viklund from Talent Acquisition will also take part in the event. They have a background and experience in tech recruitment and talent management from a variety of industries. We will talk about what is important when you write a resume and other tips and tricks such as:
- How to best use AI when writing your application
- How personality tests are used in recruitment
- How to prioritize your time wisely when applying for jobs
- Different ways in to Scania
- And of course - We will answer your questions about recruitment!
Did you know?
We have something for everyone, even if you just started your 1st year of studies at KTH. We offer summer jobs, internships, thesis projects and several student and graduate programs to give a kick start of your career as an engineer.
Looking forward to see you on the 27th of September! The presentation will be held in English.