BB3570 Multiscale Modelling in Chemistry and Biology 10.0 credits
Flerskalig modellering i kemi och biologi
Educational levelThird cycle
Academic level (A-D)D
Information for research students about course offerings
Intended learning outcomes
This course aims at providing students with fundamental concepts, principles, and methods in multiscale modelling. You will learn how to use multiscale modelling methods to study large molecular systems.
For whom: PhD students
Course main content
- Introduction to multiscale modelling
- Review of electronic structure calculation methods
- Modelling of interatomic interactions
- Methods for atomistic scale simulations
- Meso-scale simulation methods
- Computer exercises
• Lectures: 8 weeks a 4 hrs/week = 32 hrs 2-• • Projects: 3 weeks a* 4 hrs/week = 8-12 hrs
• Project presentations and discussions
• 4 computer exercises
• 2 small projects
• 1 big project
PhD students who have the fundamental knowledge of molecular modeling, in particular quantum chemistry.
Andrew R. Leach,“Molecular Modeling, Principles and Applications”, 2nd edition
Lecture notes and handouts will be distributed after each lecture.
Requirements for final grade
Attendance on at least 80% of the lectures, finish all the exercises and projects and present the results.
Yaoquan Tu, e-mail: email@example.com, tel: +46 8 790 9645
Yaoquan Tu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
How to apply and last day of application:
Contact the examinator
Number of students:
Course syllabus valid from: Spring 2017.