DD3402 Kombinatorisk optimering 6,0 hp
Det finns inget planerat kurstillfälle.
After the course, the students should
- know basic concepts from polyhedral combinatorics
- be able to recognize several types efficiently solvable problems based on polyhedral techniques and matroids
- be able to understand techniques from combinatorial optimization used in research papers
- have an enhanced base of techniques to approach open algorithmic problems.
Kursens huvudsakliga innehåll
The course aims to give a foundation of advanced techniques that lead to efficient exact algorithms. After an introduction to fundamental polyhedral concepts such as integral polyhedra and their connection to totally unimodular matrices, the course focuses on matroids and their connection to greedy algorithms.
The last part of the course introduces expander graphs from a combinatorial optimization point of view.
The course is selfcontained, but it is beneficial to have basic knowledge of optimization problems and in particular linear programming as it was provided, for instance, in the course DD3390, Approximation Algorithms given by Ola Svensson in 2010.
- EXA1 - Examination, 6,0, betygsskala: P, F
Tobias Mömke, e-post: email@example.com
The course is mainly targeted to graduate students at KTH in computer science and mathematics, but also open for advanced undergraduate students.
Kursplan gäller från och med VT2012.
Examinationsinformation gäller från och med VT2019.