DH3372 Interaction: Konst, forskning och kreatörer 3,0 hp
Interacting: Art, Research and the Creative Practitioner
Information för forskarstuderande om när kursen ges
Kontakta Kristina Höök, e-post email@example.com om när kursen ges nästa gång.
The course discusses how to combine art and research. Questions include:
· What is the difference between an artist and an artist doing research?
· What is interactive art?
· What are the knowledge contribution an artist research can bring forth?
· How can those knowledge contributions be articulated?
Kursens huvudsakliga innehåll
Abstract from the book:
While other books have presented interactive works and interrogated engagement with interactive art, this book is distinguished by its unique contribution to the integration of research and creative practice. This includes the understanding of art and creative practitioners in a broader scholarly context through new research approaches; its insights based on the researchers’ first-hand experience. While this book’s contribution is of collegial relevance at UTS, it’s also important to research students and arts researchers globally. It investigates ways in which creative people develop ideas and embrace new technologies. It also illuminates methods for creative productivity, methodologies for researching creative practice, and how we can use creativity as a vehicle for exploration of the public and audience, engagement and curatorial practice. Scarce literature exists on this subject. Linda Candy’s chapter ‘Research and creative practice’ frames the major themes: the role of the creative practitioner (for example, artists, musicians, designers, curators, teachers and software designers), the practitioner as the subject of the research, as the researcher, or as the developer of artefacts and processes on which research is based – investigating topics such as novelty, processes and techniques, and conception. Interacting spans curatorial and reflective practice, collaboration, creative engagement and creative practice.
The course involves reading the following literature:
- Book: Interacting: Art, research and the creative practitioner, Edited by Linda Candy and Ernest Edmonds, Libri Publishing.
- Paper: The art object does not embody a form of knowledge, S Scrivener, 2002
- Paper: Sense and sensibility: evaluation and interactive art, Kristina Höök, Phoebe Sengers, Gerd Andersson, Proceedings of the SIGCHI conference on Human factors in computing systems, Pages 241-248 , ACM New York, NY, USA 2003
- Paper: Research through design as a method for interaction design research in HCI, J Zimmerman, J Forlizzi, S Evenson - Proceedings of the SIGCHI conf 2007
- Paper Strong concepts, Höök and Löwgren, ToCHI, Oct 2012
- EXA1 - Examination, 3,0, betygsskala: P, F
EECS/Medieteknik och Interaktonsdesign
Kristina Höök, e-post: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristina Höök <email@example.com>
Ylva Fernaeus <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Kursplan gäller från och med HT2012.
Examinationsinformation gäller från och med VT2019.