DM3511 Interkulturell kommunikation 7,5 hp
Det finns inget planerat kurstillfälle.
After completed course the student shall
* be well prepared to understand and competently deal with communication situations in education and future professional life
* be able to describe and analyze questions in the area of intercultural communication in a critical and methodological way
* be able to read and understand research literature in the area intercultural communication
* be able to analyze and predict the role and use of different media technologies in intercultural communication
in order that the studenten shall have
* good knowledge in the area intercultural communication
* good knowledge in the effect that media technology can have on intercultural communication
* good knowledge of cultural, social, institutional, and technical conditions for intercultural communication
* good knowledge of modern theories on intercultural communication and media technology.
Kursens huvudsakliga innehåll
In the world today there is an ever growing number of contacts and communication between people with different linguistic and cultural backgrounds. This communication takes place because of contacts within the areas of business, international organizational co-operation, science, education, massmedia, entertainment, tourism, but also because of immigration. Intercultural communication is a field of study that looks at how people from different countries and differing cultural backgrounds behave, communicate and perceive the world around them, in similar and different ways among themselves, and how they endeavour to communicate across cultures. The study of intercultural communication brings together academic disciplines such as Social anthropology, Media technology, Management, Psychology, Cultural studies, and Media studies. The central objective of the course is to understand how people from different cultures communicate with each other in organizations and enterprises and to improve the ability to successfully communicate with people of other cultures (intercultural competence). The course will focus on how media, media technology and media systems work in different cultures and societies, in particular on issues like freedom of press, advertising and propaganda, entertainment imperialism, education and communication patterns. The course is based on lectures, seminars, study visits and project work.
Will be announced 4 weeks prior to course start on course web page.
- EXA1 - Examination, 7,5, betygsskala: P, F
In this course the school’s honours codex is applied, see:
EECS/Medieteknik och Interaktonsdesign
Kursplan gäller från och med VT2014.
Examinationsinformation gäller från och med VT2019.