EG3221 Systemplanering, doktorandkurs 10,0 hp
System Planning, Graduate Course
The subject of this course is methods and models used for planning, operation and analysis of power systems and electricity markets. The course mixes computational techniques, for example applied optimisation and reliability analysis, with background information about design of electricity markets and real-life examples.
Information för forskarstuderande om när kursen ges
After the course, the student should be able to
- describe the principles of how an electricity market can be organised,
- perform rough estimations of electricity prices,
- identify factors that have a large importance for the electricity pricing, and to indicate how these factors affect for example producers and consumers,
- explain how the balance between production and consumption is maintained in an electric power system, and calculate how the frequency is affected by various events in the power system,
- determine if the frequency control of an electric power system has sufficient margins, and if necessary be able to choose between various measures to increase the margins,
- formulate short-term planning problems of hydro-thermal power systems,
- create specialised models for short-term planning problems,
- apply both probabilistic production cost simulation and Monte Carlo simulation to calculate expected operation cost and risk of power deficit in an electricity market,
- create specialised models both for probabilistic production cost simulation and Monte Carlo simulation, and to use the results of an electricity market simulation to judge the consequences of various actions in the electricity market,
- reflect on different methods and models for operation and planning of power systems and electricity markets.
Kursens huvudsakliga innehåll
Structure of electricity markets, electricity pricing, frequency control, linear programming, short-term planning of hydro-thermal systems, simulation of electricity markets, probabilistic production cost simulation, Monte Carlo-simulation.
Lectures, home assignments, 5 h exam, project assignments.
The course is intended for Ph.D. students in electric power systems, but can also be interesting for students from other fields of electrical engineering.
L. Söder & M. Amelin, “Efficient Operation and Planning of Power Systems”.
- EXA1 - Examination, 10,0, betygsskala: P, F
The project assignments are chosen by students in agreement with their supervisors and the examiner of the course.
Krav för slutbetyg
- Approved home assignments.
- Passed the exam.
- Approved project assignments.
Mikael Amelin <email@example.com>
Kursplan gäller från och med HT2011.
Examinationsinformation gäller från och med VT2019.