EI3336 Nanodielectric Insulation Materials, PhD Course 5.0 credits
Nanodielektriska isolationsmaterial, doktorandkurs
The course covers the latest results and theories about nanocomposite electrical insulation materials
Education cycleThird cycle
Main field of study
Grading scaleP, F
Information for research students about course offerings
The course is given when there is sufficient demand. Please contact the examiner if you are interested in taking the course.
Intended learning outcomes
After the course, the student should be able to:
- identify the properties of nanocomposite dielectric materials and compare the properties to other materials
- describe how well dispersed nanocomposites are manufactured
- explain how surface functionalization of nanoparticles will affect the macroscopic properties of the material
- use different characterisation methods for nanocomposites
Course main content
Physical properties of inorganic nanoparticles, methods for surface functionalization, dispersion of nanoparticles, physico-chemical characterization of nanocomposites, electrical characterization of nanocomposites, multi-core model
Seminars/workshops (7*3h = 21 h), 1 simulation project
MSc in electrical engineering, physical engineering or similar. FEI3230 is good to have.
J. K. Nelson (ed) , Dielectric Polymer Nanocomposites, Springer,2010, research articles.
- EXA1 - Examination, 5.0, grading scale: P, F
Requirements for final grade
One ten page long (font 12pt) essay on the properties of a particular nanocomposite. Participated in 5 out of 7 workshops, each time giving an oral presentation of something from a research article not older than 5 years. One technical report on repeated simulation of data from articles.
Hans Edin <email@example.com>
Course syllabus valid from: Autumn 2011.
Examination information valid from: Spring 2019.