This course has been discontinued.
Last planned examination: Spring 2000Decision to discontinue this course: No information inserted
Content and learning outcomes
The majority of the course work is performed at the summer school which is organized by Erasmus Mundus MSc in Photonics. The tasks for the students include:
- Reporting (oral and written) on a project assigned during the academic year.
- Lectures on photonics by invited experts.
- Presentations of master thesis of 2nd year students.
- Lectures about the European dimension of the EM program.
Intended learning outcomes
The students study in depth a photonics application so that the after the course can:
- write a report on a photonics application
- present a photonics application at a conference
Literature and preparations
Course literature will be announced together with the topics at the start of the course.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- SEM1 - Seminar, 3.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
Presentation of project (first year) and master's thesis (second year) at the summer school organized in the Erasmus Mundus MSc in Photonics for teachers from all participating universities, aktivt deltagande i föreläsningar.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web IO2656