This course has been discontinued.
Last planned examination: Spring 2000Decision to discontinue this course: No information inserted
Content and learning outcomes
• Corporate and IT governance
• Operative risk
• Risk tolerance and risk appetite
• Risk analysis and vulnerability assessment
• Security standards and framework
• Cost/benefit analysis
• Acceptance Criteria
• Education, motivation, ethical considerations and awareness
Intended learning outcomes
When the student has actively participated in the course, the student should be able to:
1. choose and argument for relevant solutions based on specific security requirements
2. analyze and critically review given suggestions for various security solutions
3. based on his/her own assessment integrate different solutions for complex security requirements
4. within a group assignment apply and develop security requirements solutions for international organizations, based on a concrete business case
Lectures (approx. 20 hours)
Seminars, attendance compulsory (approx. 15 hours)
Literature and preparations
IV1013 Introduktion till datasäkerhet/Introduction to Computer Security
- Alberts, Christopher et al: Managing Infomation Security Risks, Pearson Education Inc., 2002, 0-321-11886-3
- Stephen P. Robbins: Essentials of Organizational Behavior (Edition: edition 6, 7 or 8), Prentice Hall, 2002, 0-13-035309-4
OECD Guidelines "Towards a Culture of Security" "Criminology in A NutShell" Bologna
The Manual is the Message
"A day in the life of an IT security Officer"
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- PRO1 - Project, 7.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- TEN1 - Examination, 7.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Project assignment, 50%.
Written exam, 50%.
Other requirements for final grade
The student needs to pass both the project assignment and the written exam. The final course grade is based on the grade of the written exam.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web IV2022
Main field of study
The course includes parts from the course IV2000 "Security Management", 7,5 hp, so the two courses should therefore not be taken together.