MJ141X Degree Project in Design and Product Development, First Cycle 15.0 credits
Examensarbete inom Design och produktframtagning, grundnivå
Education cycleFirst cycle
Main field of studyTechnology
Grading scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
Intended learning outcomes
After completion of the course the student should be able to:
- Formulate problems and apply methodology within the subjectarea of energy technology to search for and validate solutions
- Apply knowledge and skills that have been achieved during the studies on problems within the field of energy techonolgy.
- Plan his/her own work to achieve given partial objectives
- Analyse the need of scientific information, perform literature survey and validate the found information
- Present work in a written report with requirements on content, structure and language
- Utilise references, figures, tables and equations at an acceptable level in a report
- Write a summary in English with the correct use of the terminology within the subject area
- Perform oral presentation with requirements on timeframe and clear language, perforamance and illustrations
- Review and give comments on a technical work (opposition) and be able to meet corresponding viewpoints on his/her own work
- Make assumptions and assess their validity through sensitivity analysis
- Perform rought estimates to be able to validate models and assess their reasonableness
Course main content
The course starts with a series of lectures to give the students background and knowledge in the field of Energy Technology. In beginning of the course the students also choose project to work with during the semester (the project proposals are supplied by the course instructors); and the project is supported by compulsory seminars throughout the course. Before each seminar the students need to hand in a written report and also prepare a oral presentation. The course leaders work as coaches supporting and giving feedback to the students: on their projects, their reports and their presentations. For the final seminar the students should also prepare an opposition on another group's work.
In each project/projectpart, the students work in groups of two persons.
MJ1112 Applied Thermodynamics, 9 hp or corresponding knowledge
MJ1401 Heat transfer, 6 hp, or corresponding knowledge
SG1220 Fluid mechanics, 6 hp, or corresponding knowledge
Handouts and the students' own literature survey
- XUPP - Examination Question, 15.0, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Requirements for final grade
Project work (15 hp)
This includes: Compulsory participation in the common seminars
Submission of reports and partial reports according to given instructions
Oral presentations on assigned seminars
Opposition on final seminar
Grading (A-F) is given according to:
Technical content in the final report: 60%
Design of the final report: 25%
Final oral presentation: 15%
Catharina Erlich, firstname.lastname@example.org
Catharina Erlich <email@example.com>
Course syllabus valid from: Spring 2009.
Examination information valid from: Spring 2008.