SK3760 Graduate Seminar in Nanofabrication 7.5 credits
Doktorandseminarium i nanofabrikation
Education cycleThird cycle
Main field of study
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
Intended learning outcomes
After the course you should be able to apply your knowledge in clean room instrumentation to different clean room processes and to be able to collaborate with other users in such a way that both parties can benefit from it. This means you should be able to:
- Describe and explain how the instrumentation of the NanoFabLab works and how it can be used.
- Design the different steps for a specific process and choose the appropriate parameters for each step.
- Identify the most appropriate instrument that will let you evaluate each step of a given process.
- Document the different processes in such a way that other users can benefit from it.
Course main content
What is a clean room and clean room processes. Resists, hotplates and ovens. Photolithography. E-beam lithography and Focus Ion Beam. Wet and dry etching. Evaporation and Sputtering, Surface profiler, Optical Microscopy, Atomic force microscopy, Scanning electron microscopy.
The course is divided in two parts: the first part consists of seminars in which we discuss the different instrument s and their parameters; the second part involves lab work and meetings to discuss its progress.
Some experience of working in a lab, not necessarily a cleanroom. Good general science or technical education in Physics, Chemistry, Biophysics etc.
Handouts via Nanophys web-site.
Requirements for final grade
In order pass the course, each participant must:
- Attend all the seminars and meetings
- Carry out the two different group projects.
- Present the two group projects and his /her own project in such a way that the rest of the participants can follow and understand your process problems and solutions.
- Hand in a written report about the lab- projects following the guidelines.
Carlota Canalias, firstname.lastname@example.org
Carlota Canalias Gomez <email@example.com>
Course syllabus valid from: Spring 2013.