Masterprogram, programvaruteknik för distribuerade system (TSEDM), Utbildningsplan för kull HT2008
Senast ändrad: 2009-08-31
Development of computer networks and communication technology provides a new technological foundation for designing software systems. The systems become distributed, reconfigurable and adaptive and their components employ a high degree of autonomy. The set of devices where distributed software applications may operate ranges from workstations to Personal Digital Assistants (PDA). Distributed computer environments also assume that information sources and control can be decentralized over the network. All this makes the process of developing distributed software systems significantly more complex than for centralized systems.
New technological developments create a great demand from industry in engineers who are able to design software systems utilizing these developments. Our Master program is intended to be an educational response to such industrial demand.
The program emphasizes combination of fundamental principles of distributed computing with modern methods of software systems design.
The program gives the students state-of-the-art knowledge of the field and develops their practical skills in order to meet current industrial requirements as well as ability to adapt to new developments of tomorrow technology.
Kunskap och förståelse
Upon successful completion of the program the students- Know basic modern software development methods - Understand a variety of approaches to software development and discuss their applicability boundaries, benefits, restriction and complementarities- Know basic Distributed AI methods for solving problems with decentralized control - Know basic concepts and principles of distributed systems, - Understand distributed algorithms and have orientation about distributed architectures and middleware
Färdigheter och förmågor
Upon successful completion of the program the students are able to
- Use modern software development methods and techniques in practical system development
- Apply distributed AI methods in providing solutions to inherently distributed problems and to problems where expertise is distributed
- Design, implement and maintain distributed software systems for a wide range of applications including
o systems for peer-to-peer and grid computing
o systems with services oriented architecture
o internet-based systems
Värderingsförmåga och förhållningssätt
The student shall:
- show ability to make assessments taking into account relevant scientific, societal and ethic aspects as well as show awareness of ethical aspects of research and development work
- show insight into the possibilities and limitations of science, its role in society and the responsibility of humans for its use,
- show ability to identify her/his need for additional knowledge and take responsibility for the development of his/her own knowledge.