DS1386 Japanese, Intermediate Level 9.0 credits
This course is dormant.
NB: This course is from the autumn 2013 replaced by LS1386 Japanese B1
The course is designed for students with very good knowledge of the language. The aim of the course is to improve the students’ practical language proficiency in Japanese, so that they manage general situations.
Educational levelFirst cycle
Academic level (A-D)B
Grade scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
PeriodsSpring 13 P3 (4.5 credits), P4 (4.5 credits)
End date2013 week: 21
Language of instructionSwedish
Number of lectures
Number of exercises
Form of studyNormal
Number of places *Max. 32
*) If there are more applicants than number of places selection will be made.
ScheduleSchedule (new window)
Mandatory course for all students on the programmes with Japanese international profile.
Elective course for all programmes if there are vacancies.
Part of programme
EU language portfolio levels A2/B1, http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/
After the course, the student should be able to
- identify the main content of (short) oral presentations on well-known topics
- express his/her own views in a coherent text as well as write texts and give a simple oral presentation on a chosen topic
- understand clear messages and information and speak Japanese in everyday situations
- identify and give an account in Swedish of facts from authentic texts with some connection to specialised topics
- translate Japanese texts on familiar professional/technical topics with the aid of a web-based translation programme
- state basic facts and search for certain information on Japan.
Course main content
- Exercises on the comprehension of Japanese in a variety of situations
- Exercises on expressing both spoken and written opinions about chosen subjects
- Grammar and vocabulary
- Learning of another 100 kanji-characters
- Translation exercises of a variety of texts
- Writing exercises, short reports related to the student's own area of study
General entrance requirements for university studies. A pass on the compulsory placement test before applying or a pass in Japanese, Advanced Beginners’ Level II, DS1384. See our website for the test and more information, www.kth.se/language
3-4 years’ study of Japanese
Banno, Eri (red.) Genki: an integrated course in elementary Japanese. 2. Tokyo: Japan Times
- ANN1 - Language Proficiency, 3.0 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- KON1 - Assignments, 3.0 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- TEN1 - Examination, 3.0 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Requirements for final grade
75% attendance. Oral and written examinations (KON1; 3 credits and ANN1: 3 credits), final examination 3 credits.
ECE/Language and Communication
Yoko Takau-Drobin, tel. 790 6076, email@example.com
Björn Kjellgren <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Yoko Takau Drobin <email@example.com>
The course has limited participation. Students who are not present at course risk losing their place on the course.
The course programme may be subject to changes and courses with an insufficient number of students can be cancelled or get a reduced number of lessons.
Course plan valid from:
Examination information valid from: Autumn 07.