DS1395 Chinese, Advanced Beginners Level II 9.0 credits
Kinesiska, fortsättningsnivå II
This course is dormant.
NB: This course is from the autumn 2013 replaced by LS1395 Chinese A2
The course provides deeper knowledge of elementary spoken Mandarin Chinese with certain elements of written Chinese.
Educational levelFirst cycle
Academic level (A-D)B
Grade scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
PeriodsAutumn 12 P1 (2.0 credits), P2 (2.0 credits)
Spring 13 P3 (2.5 credits), P4 (2.5 credits)
End date2013 week: 22
Language of instructionSwedish
Number of lectures
Number of exercises
Form of studyNormal
Number of placesNo limitation
ScheduleSchedule (new window)
Course responsibleBjörn Kjellgren <email@example.com>
Mandatory course for all students on the programmes with Chinese international profile.
Elective course for all programmes if there are vacancies.
Part of programme
EU language portfolio levels A1/A2 http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- identify tones and syllables in clearly spoken Mandarin Chinese, and understand sentences and clause patterns in everyday use
- understand simple texts
- use the language in simple conversations
- give short presentations on a prepared topic
- translate sentences in everyday use as well as simple texts from Swedish to Chinese
- translate sentences in everyday use as well as simple texts from Chinese to Swedish.
Course main content
The course continues to build on the Advanced Beginners’ Level I with continued study of the most important and commonly used clause patterns in Mandarin Chinese. In addition there are writing and translation exercises and an introduction to written and spoken Chinese for specific purposes. The course comprises appr. 360 characters.
General entrance requirements for university studies. A pass on the compulsory placement test before applying or a pass in Chinese, Advanced Beginners’ Level I, DS1392 or DS1393. See our website for the test and more information, www.language.lib.kth.se
2-3 years' study of Chinese
kinesiska@kth, tredje boken, Björn Kjellgren, KTH
- TENA - Examination, 2.0 credits, grade scale: P, F
- TENB - Examination, 2.0 credits, grade scale: P, F
- TENC - Examination, 2.5 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- TEND - Examination, 2.5 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Requirements for final grade
75% attendance. Oral/written assignments (TENA; 2 credits, TENB; 2 credits, TENC; 2,5 credits, TEND; 2,5 credits).
ECE/Language and Communication
Björn Kjellgren, tel 790 6125, firstname.lastname@example.org
Björn Kjellgren <email@example.com>
The course has limited participation. Students who are not present at course risk losing their place on the course.
The course programme may be subject to changes and courses with an insufficient number of students can be cancelled or get a reduced number of lessons.
Chinese, intermediate level
Course plan valid from:
Examination information valid from: Autumn 11.