DS2326 Technical German, Advanced Level 9.0 credits
Teknisk tyska, högre nivå
This course is dormant.
NB: This course is from the autumn 2013 replaced by LS2326 German B2
The course is designed for students with very good command of the language.
Educational levelSecond cycle
Academic level (A-D)C
Grade scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
PeriodsSpring 13 P3 (4.5 credits), P4 (4.5 credits)
End date2013 week: 21
Language of instructionSwedish
Number of lectures
Number of exercises
Form of studyNormal
Number of places *Max. 32
*) If there are more applicants than number of places selection will be made.
ScheduleSchedule (new window)
Elective course for all programmes.
Mandatory course for all students on the programmes with German international profile.
Part of programme
EU language portfolio levels B2/C1 http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/
After completing the course, the student should be able to:
- identify the differences in style between everyday and formal German and adapt his/her written and spoken language accordingly.
- understand advanced-level formal oral presentations of some length (level C1)
- understand relatively long texts from specialised areas (level C1)
- take active part in discussions and be able to explain and defend his/her opinions on well-known topics (level B2)
- using correct, varied and appropriate language, give an individually prepared oral presentation on a specialised subject (level B2/C1)
- produce written assignments and an essay of a specialised nature (level B2/C1).
Course main content
- The ability to make oral presentations of scientific findings within ones field of study
- Role plays featuring participation in professional meetings and negotiations, conferences and seminars
Reading and writing proficiency:
- Analysis of scientific texts within different areas
- The ability to write formal letters, reports, memos, minutes and essays
- Study of differences between specialist and non-specialist language; formal and informal style
- Study of technical, economic and business terminology based on advanced level texts
Three years of academic studies. A pass with top marks on the compulsory placement test before applying or a pass in Technical German, intermediate level, DS1334 or DS132N. See our website for the test and more information, www.kth.se/language
5-6 years' study of German
- ANN1 - Oral Proficieny, 3.0 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- ANN2 - Written Technical Production, 3.0 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- TEN1 - Language Proficiency, 3.0 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Requirements for final grade
75% attendance. Oral and written examination (ANN1; 3 credits and ANN2; 3 credits). Language proficiency (TEN1; 3 credits)
ECE/Language and Communication
Elke Schmölder Hanson, tel. 790 9602, firstname.lastname@example.org
Elke Schmölder-Hanson <email@example.com>
The course has limited participation. Students who are not present at course start risk losing their place on the course.
The course programme may be subject to changes and courses with an insufficient number of students can be cancelled or get a reduced number of lessons.
Course plan valid from:
Examination information valid from: Autumn 07.