EP2400 Network Algorithms 7.5 credits
The course focuses on distributed algorithms that enable key functions in emerging technologies, such as p2p services, networked control systems and network management for next-generation networks.
The course is organized around two project assignments, each of which focusing on a specific topic. The project modules are independent of each other. Each topic will be introduced based on papers from the research literature. A project assignment has a programming part (Java), and students must deliver a report on the project results.
Educational levelSecond cycle
Academic level (A-D)D
Grade scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Autumn 14 P2 (7.5 credits)
2014 week: 45
2015 week: 4
Language of instruction
Number of lectures
Number of exercises
Form of study
Number of places *
*) The Course date may be cancelled if number of admitted are less than minimum of places.
Open to all programs
Part of programme
- Master's Programme, Communication Systems, 120 credits, year 2, Conditionally Elective
- Master's Programme, ICT Innovation, 120 credits, year 2, DITS, Optional
- Master's Programme, ICT Innovation, 120 credits, year 2, ITAK, Optional
- Master's Programme, Network Services and Systems, 120 credits, year 2, Conditionally Elective
- Master's Programme, Security and Mobile Computing, 120 credits, year 2, Conditionally Elective
The main goal is to expose studens to algorithms that are essential for new technologies, in form of projects with an experimental flavor.
Course main content
Example of topics, which can vary from year-to-year: · algorithms for data aggregation in networks and distributed systems· algorithms for distributed search· algorithms for distributed configurations· algorithms for distributed trust and reputation schemes
For single course students: 120 credits and documented proficiency in English B or equivalent
All literature will be made available through the course site.
- PRO1 - Project, 7.5, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
The basis for grading will be the project reports for the two projects. Both projects will count in equal amounts towards the course grade
Requirements for final grade
The student must complete and pass both projects.
Course plan valid from: Autumn 08.
Examination information valid from: Autumn 08.