HI1014 Distributed Enterprise Systems 7.5 credits
Educational levelFirst cycle
Academic level (A-D)C
Grade scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
The course goal is to give the student a better understanding in how you develop distributed Internetbased systems. The course will give knowledge in systemarchitecture regarding performance and security.
After the course the student will be able to:
- Explain how to construct server systems in a distributed enviroment.
- Have knowledge of value and compare different architect and design solutions
- Implement advanced server solutions in J2EE and .NET
- Describe and give example of different techinques used in server development.
For higher degrees one should also be able to
- Analyse and compare the system construction based on performance security and structure.
Course main content
- Distributed objects (RMI, CORBA)
- MessagingSystems (JMS)
- Enterprise frameworks (J2EE, .NET)
- Webbased systems and programming of thin clients
- Arkitecture and design of dirtibuted applications
- 3-layer architecture
Knowledge about object oriented programming and interface programming using Java corresponding to the courses HI1007 Object oriented Programming using Java.
- LAB1 - Laboratory Work, 4.5 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- RED1 - Account, 3.0 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Requirements for final grade
Final grade, A-F, is based on both the examination and the lab work.
STH/Computer and Electrical Engineering
Jonas Wåhslén, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonas Wåhslén <email@example.com>
Course plan valid from:
Examination information valid from: Autumn 07.