The Decentralised research theme
New demands for consumer-orientation, increased heterogeneity and resilience, and circular economies prompt a shift of scale, away from the large water systems towards smaller solutions.
Organisational innovations coupled with emerging technologies in for instance biotech, chemistry, nano-technology and membranes, open up for decentralised and radically different ways of managing and using water.
- Sustainable Water Treatment for Hospitals
- NATURE - Examining Nature-Society Relations Through Urban Infrastructure
- Testbed Storsudret for development of sustainable water management systems
- Innovative Solutions for Plastic Free European Rivers (Inspire)
- Fullscale commercial prototype for turn-key sustainable food production
- Adaptive & Intelligent System for Simultaneous Water & Energy Production (AIS-SWEP)
- Plastics monitoRIng detectiOn RemedIaTion recoverY (PRIORITY)
- Mitigating off-flavour compounds geosmin and 2-methylisoborneol by applying capacitive deionization and nanotechnology in RAS
- Mistra TerraClean
- Deterministic models for the prediction of ion adsorption-desorption processes in capacitive desalination devices
- Cleaning Litter by developing and Applying Innovative Methods in european seas
- Development of affordable adsorbent systems for arsenic and fluoride removal in the drinking water sources in Tanzania (DAFWAT)
- Sustainable Arsenic Mitigation (SASMIT)