Till KTH:s startsida Till KTH:s startsida

Approved leave from studies and non-completion of studies

Approved leave from studies

An approved leave from studies allows students to take a temporary break from their studies. Non-completion of studies means that students want to terminate their studies for good.

An application for approved leave from studies must be sent to the Office of Student Affairs (utbildningskansli) that is responsible for the degree programme. Either the Director of First and Second Cycle Education (grundutbildningsansvarig) or the Programme Director (programansvarig) will decide on applications for approved leave from studies.

Read more about approved leave of studies and application form


Students who intend to terminate the studies for good must notify this to the School´s Office of Student Affairs (utbildningskansli).

Read more about non-completion of studies and notification form