Course contents *
The course is divided into the following parts:
1. Development, infrastructure and planning the historical development of cities and the infrastructure and role, driving forces behind development in society, the actors of the planning, the Swedish administration system, regional and municipal planning, transports, traffic and sustainable city development, the concept of sustainable development.
2. Natural resources and sustainable infrastructure physical preconditions for land use (soil - water and ecology), technical infrastructure for water - and drain, waste, energy, impact of land use, EIA.
3. Real estate development planning-, building- and environmental legislation, construction, operation and funding of infrastructure and legislation about land acquisition, compensation and changes of real property division, profitability calculations and construction cost, economic policy instruments, assessment of the building from economic and social perspectives.
4. Buildings and civil engineering structure building construction (construction and installation technique), civil engineering structure (geotechnics, roads and rail, bridge structure and tunnels), building material, the environmental impact of buildings and risks.
5. The professional role and ethics the professional role, ethical aspects in the urban development and technical development, professional ethical considerations and dilemmas, working environment, risks and risk assessments.