Content and learning outcomes
Practice in a clinical engineering department
Practical observation of care with supervision
Lectures and Seminars
Documentation and report writing
Intended learning outcomes
After completing the course students will be able to:
• Describe the work and problems in selected medical clinics
• Describe clinical engineering practice in hospitals
• Understand the care from a patient´s perspective
• Discuss medical and technical issues with health professionals
• Discuss medical devices in healthcare
Literature and preparations
Medicinsk grundkurs or equivalent
Jacobson och Öberg: Teknik i praktisk sjukvård, Studentlitteratur
Bertil Jacobson: Medicin och teknik, Studentlitteratur
Course materials from basic courses
Handouts and collected material and notes from lectures and seminars
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- RED1 - Assignments and at Least 80% Attendance, 3.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
Portfolio with passed assignments
High attendance at all components (course management decides, over 80%)
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web HL1012
Main field of study
The limited number of places are distributed according to the results achieved in the program