IK2002 Security in Mobile and Wireless Networks 7.5 credits
Säkerhet i mobila och trådlösa nätverk
This course has been cancelled.
The course represents an advanced course of security in mobile and wireless networks. It treats all currently standardized aspects of security in mobile, wireless, ad–hoc networks and in addition it also covers certain advanced aspects, like key management, certificates handling, and transactions/applications in proximity networks.
Education cycleSecond cycle
Main field of study
Grading scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Last planned examination: spring 20.
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
Intended learning outcomes
This course has two major goals: to provide a comprehensive overview of all relevant aspects of security in mobile and wireless networks and also to introduce to students new, advanced research topics. The course will also provide possibilities for hands--on experience with developing security features.
Course main content
- Introduction to wireless networks security
- Analysis of threats and application requirements
- Wireless networks security componets
- Security services in wireless and mobile networks: authentication, authorization, data confidentiality, data integrity and access control
- Security infrastructure for wireless mobile networks: keys and certificate management
- Secure group applications
- Security of mobile code
Basic and advanced principles of computer security
Security protocols and architectures for wired networks
Security architecture for open distributed systems
Jon Edney, William A. Arbaugh
“Real 802.11 Security : Wi–Fi Protected Access and 802..11i”
Addison–Wesley, ISBN 0–321–13620–9
Additional reading materials
- PRO1 - Project, 3.0, grading scale: P, F
- TEN1 - Examination, 4.5, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Requirements for final grade
The students need to pass both the written exam and the project assignment. The final course grade is based on the grade of the written exam.
Peter Sjödin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Principles of Computer Security (IV2024)
Computer Networks Security (IV2020)
Security Architectures in ODP systems (IK2000)
Java and E-commerce Security (IK2001)
Course syllabus valid from: Spring 2009.
Examination information valid from: Autumn 2007.