Last edit: 10/12/2014
Beyond those objectives that are specified in the Higher Education Ordinance, a graduate of Master of Science in Design and Product Realization at KTH will…
Knowledge and understanding
• Have noticably good knowledge in the design and product realization process in order to produce products which are easy to use. This includes choice of materials, manufacturing techniques, and energy sources.
• have a good foundation in natural and technical sciences with a specialisation in the second cycle within one of the application areas within the chain: design, construction, production
Skills and abilities
• have an ability to combine and carry out the traditional natural and technical science foundation in the programme to construction and design as a foundation for realization of attractive products and services
• have individual and professional skills such as language, leadership, project-management and communication for work as an engineer in a leadership position or as a leader in a technically intensive company.
• essentially, have developed one’s own creative ability through significant elements of production, with the creativity as a complement to the analytical perspective.
• have a basic understanding of entrepreneurial activities
Ability to make judgments and adopt a standpoint
• Have especially good understanding that engineering-related problems, considered from a system perspective, are often complex, incompletely defined and sometimes contain contradictions
• Show an understanding of responsibility and ethics relevant for all steps in the product realization process, e.g. design – construction – production/manufacturing and utlitilization.
The local degree ordinance of the Royal Institute of Technology can be found in the KTH Regulations.