Last edit: 21/01/2021
In addition to the objectives specified in the Swedish Higher Education Ordinance, a graduate Master of Science in Engineering from Design and Product Realisation at KTH shall …
Knowledge and understanding
• possess extensive knowledge of the product realisation process so as to be able to produce products that are tailored to people, technology and society. This includes, for example, material selection, energy sources, production methods, assessment of economic and environmental impact, etc.
• have a good grounding in natural and engineering sciences with a second-cycle specialisation within one area of application within the chain: design – construction – production, all with a life-cycle perspective.
Skills and abilities
• have the ability to combine and transform the traditional natural and engineering sciences foundation in the education to construction and design aspects as a basis for the development of attractive products and services
• possess the requisite personal and professional skills, such as in the area of language, leadership, project management and communication, to work as an engineer in a management position or as a leader within a technology-intensive company
• have significantly developed their own innovative capability through design thinking and creative methods as a complement to the analytical approach
Ability to make judgments and adopt a standpoint
• Have especially good understanding that engineering-related problems, considered from a system perspective, are often complex, incompletely defined and sometimes contain contradictions
• Show an understanding of responsibility and ethics relevant for all steps in the product realization process, e.g. design – construction – production/manufacturing and utlitilization.