Last edit: 09/05/2011
Beyond the objectives that are specified in the Higher Education Ordinance, a graduate from the programme will…
Knowledge and understanding
- Have a broad technical and scientific base to be able to work in several technical areas with product development, production, and manufacturing or energy issues. More specifically, be familiar with choice of materials, energy sources, production methods or assessment of economical or environmental consequences, etc.
- Show a broad aptitude in the chosen technical area, including knowledge in mathematics and sciences, as well as a deeper knowledge in certain parts of the study area.
Skills and abilities
- Be able to apply knowledge and abilities in a practical environment while making relevant assessments and taking standpoints scientifically, professionally and socially, both in a group as well as independently
- Show a good ability to analyze, formulate and grasp technical problems while considering the problem from beginning to end: from the ideas or requirements to specification, development, operation and finally, termination. Moreover, the ability to define, determine resource demand and lead processes to problem-solution and realisation.
- Show certain abilities to lead activities on different organisational levels, in different types of organisational life-cycle stages and different types of business logic.
- Have individual and professional skills such as language, leadership, project-management and communication for work as an engineer in a leadership position or as a leader in a technically intensive company.
- Have a basic understanding of entrepreneurial activities
Ability to make judgments and adopt a standpoint
- Have especially good understanding that engineering-related problems are often complex, incompletely defined and sometimes contain contradictions
- Show an understanding of responsibility and ethics in relation to technical, organisational, economical, ecological and societal activities.
The local degree ordinance of the Royal Institute of Technology can be found in the KTH-Regulations. intra.kth.se/regelverk