Last edit: 13/02/2014
The Master’s Programme in Engineering in Media Technology is composed of 300 ECTS credits , which at normal study rate corresponds to 5 years of full-time studies (10 terms).
The first three years (180 higher education credits) are on the first level. The last two years are mainly on the second level (120 higher education credits).
The last two years the student takes a master's program of his/her choice. The master's programs consist of courses mainly in the second level. The education leads to a master's degree as well as a "civilingenjör" degree.
Each year a list of master's programs that the students can choose from is presented. For 2009 the list contains three master programs:
- Media technology
- Media management
- Human-computer interaction
The student who wants to choose the Media management program must be aware that:
- the program has a limited number of places
- the course Law for media must be taken within the master's program
- a special application is needed according to instructions from the CSC school
The student who wants to choose the Human-computer interaction program must be aware that:
- the human-computer specialization may not be chosen for study year 3 (the education should include two specializations)
- must take the conditionally elective mathematics courses during study years 2 and 3
- the courses Law for media and Content and expression in media must be taken within the master's program
Language of Instruction
The language of instruction, during the first three years of the programme is mostly Swedish; although English literature will be used. The concluding two years some courses are given in Swedish and some in English. For each course the language of instruction is found in the Course and program directory on the KTH student web site.