Last edit: 14/12/2020
The aim of the Master’s programme is to provide a broad education in Computer Science with the possibility of deepening and specializing within the area of computer science, the method science for construction of computer programmes including theoretical foundations as well as the practical ability to develop products and systems which include computers and software.
The programme will provide the students with the requisites and abilities to participate and lead work within evaluation, development and implementation of new technology within the field of computer science.
In addition to this comes the Higher Education Ordinance goal for Master's degree.
Knowledge and understanding
The objective of the program is to provide the student with deepened knowledge within computer science and engineering,
The programme will also provide students with advanced knowledge, including understanding of the methodology and the scientific perspective, within an area of computer science.
Skills and abilities
The objective of the programme is to provide the student with:
- a good analytical problem solving ability,
- the ability to independently define and solve construction problems within computer science,
- the requisites and abilities to participate in and develop practices implemented in industry, maintenance and academic research,
- the requisites for successful work in international and interdisciplinary project groups which include engineers and non-engineers. This goal includes abilities in oral and written presentation and argumentation in Swedish and English.
Ability to make judgments and adopt a standpoint
The objective of the programme is that the student should:
- be able to evaluate the quality of scientific studies and show a reflective and critical approach to scientific and non-scientific texts,
- through self-development, retain his/her own professional ability during a professional career,
- follow the discussion about technology in society and contribute to it.
Beyond this, there are similar goals for the Master of Science in Engineering programme which are defined by the higher education ordinance.