Eligibility and selection
Master's Programme, Embedded Systems, 120 credits (TEBSM), Programme syllabus for studies starting in autumn 2020
Last edit: 12/02/2020
General admission requirements and the following special admission requirements must be fulfilled in order to be admitted: Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, or an equivalent degree, including a combination of courses equivalent to at least an extent of 60 higher education credits in: Microelectronics, Electronics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Automation and Control, or Communication Engineering. Including:
- At least 30 ECTS credits course work in mathematics, including calculus in one variable, calculus in several variables, linear algebra, mathematical statistics, and Laplace and Fourier Transforms.
- Digital Design basics (equivalent to IE1204 or IE1205), Computer hardware organization basics (IS200 or IS1500), Electric Circuits Theory (equivalent to EI1202 or IE1206), and a basic course in programming (preferably C/C++).
The specific requirements may be assessed as not fulfilled if:
- the degree awarding institution is not considered to meet acceptable quality standards by the authorities of the country in which the institution is located
- the degree does not qualify for admission to equivalent master level in the country where the degree is awarded.
To be eligible for International Dual Degree, the student must, in addition to KTH's requirements, also fulfill the demands/requirements of the indented partner university:
- Special pre-requisite for International Dual Degree, Khalifa Univeristy: Test result from performed GRE.
- Special pre-requisite for International Dual Degree, UESTC: Applicants with degree from China shall have passed the chinese entrance test.
The selection process is based on the following selection criteria: University, previous studies (for instance GPA, grades in specific subjects and English), motivation for the studies (for instance letter of motivation, references, thesis proposal and relevant work experience). The evaluation scale is 1-75.