Senast ändrad: 2015-04-22
The information is valid for students who started the program academic year 2014/2015. Later decisions may affect year 2 in the program. Please look at
www.kth.se/studies?l=en_UK for further information.
In addition to the general objectives for Masters programmes as stated in the national degree ordinance and the local degree policy of KTH, specific learning outcomes are defined for the study track Environmental Management in the Nordic Masters programme Environmental Engineering. After completing the programme requirements students shall:
Kunskap och förståelse
· Demonstrate knowledge on the theoretical concepts and foundations in environmental engineering and management.
· Demonstrate in-depth knowledge on how human interventions and natural changes affect the environmental conditions in land and water resources, and what resulting effects these can cause.
· Demonstrate specialised knowledge on the tools and methods that can be applied to analyse the status of land and water resources.
· Demonstrate a sound understanding of the relation between theory and practice in environmental engineering, as well as of the linkages to other disciplines involved in environmental engineering at the local, regional and global level.
Färdigheter och förmågor
· Demonstrate the ability to carry out qualified research tasks on contemporary problems, and in this way contribute to scientific progress in the field of study
· Demonstrate the ability to identify and formulate issues critically, autonomously and creatively as well as to plan and, using appropriate methods, undertake advanced tasks within predetermined time frames and so contribute to the formation of knowledge as well as the ability to evaluate this work.
· Be able to make effective oral and written presentations of complex tasks related to environmental engineering/management using modern techniques and tools to illustrate and visualise results.
· Be able to lead and work in multidisciplinary groups and contribute to the outcome of the working task.
Värderingsförmåga och förhållningssätt
· Be able to detect normative assumptions in theoretical and societal views on sustainability.
· Demonstrate the ability to critically reflect on alternative scientific approaches for different environmental problems
· Demonstrate the ability to critically reflect on the causes of, as well as potential solutions for, new upcoming environmental problems
· Demonstrate the ability to identify the personal need for further knowledge and take responsibility for his or her ongoing learning.