Eligibility and selection
Master's Programme, Electric Power Engineering, 120 credits (TELPM), Programme syllabus for studies starting in autumn 2014
Last edit: 23/01/2015
Basic admission requirements
Basic eligibility to be accepted to the master’s programme requires a completed Bachelor's degree, corresponding to a Swedish Bachelor's degree (180 ECTS), or equivalent academic qualifications from an internationally recognised university. The university has to be listed in the latest edition of the International Handbook of Universities. Students should have in addition, good knowledge in English, oral and written, is required. Applicants must provide proof of their proficiency in English.
Specific admission requirements
Specific eligibility to the programme requires:
- electrical engineering (including three phase electrical circuits or machines) equivalent to 60 ECTS,
- mathematics (calculus, numerical methods, algebra, probability theory, basic control theory) equivalent to at least 30 ECTS.
The specific eligibility requirements can be assessed as not-fulfilled if:
1. the GPA converted to a percentage grade is less than 75%,
2. the degree awarding institution is not considered to meet acceptable quality standards by the authorities of the country in which the institution is located,
3. the degree does not qualify for admission to equivalent Master level in the country where the degree is awarded.
The selection process for Electric Power Engineering is based on a total evaluation of the following selection criteria: University, GPA, motivation letter, references, course work and working experiences relevant to the programme.